Things to do in Hervey Bay
When people think of things to do in Hervey Bay they instantly think of whale watching … some may think of the beach … a few more think of Fraser Island and those are all great things to do in Hervey Bay but there is so much more.
What everyone knows about
So let’s make a list of things you can do here in Hervey Bay that will really make your stay here one to remember and we’ll start with the obvious three:
- Whale watching from July through to October – nothing comes close to the whale watching experience you can have here in Hervey Bay.
- Fraser Island – there are guided tours, self-drive tours and general access to Fraser Island from Hervey Bay. There are no words to adequately describe the experience that Fraser Island delivers.
- The beach – over 17kms of the safest swimming in Queensland and it’s just across the road from most tourist accommodation in Hervey Bay. You can enjoy just about every other kind of water sport along the beach too.
Even more things to do
Now let’s build a list of all the other things you can do and see here in Hervey Bay:
- You can visit the Botanical Gardens and the Japanese Gardens and enjoy the peace and quiet as you wander through the natural beauty.
- You can go sky diving over the Great Sandy Straits and land on the beach in front of a café. If you need an adrenalin rush then sky diving will certainly give you what you want.
- You can take a ride in a micro-lite and see Hervey Bay and Fraser Island from a totally different point of view
- You can hire a jet ski and just tear up the water or take a guided tour of Pelican Banks and Kingfisher Bay.
- You can spend a day on an adventure cruise along the west coast of Fraser Island
- You and the family can enjoy the free water park in Hervey Bay.
We’re not finished yet.
And if you want more there’s:
- Dolphin and sunset cruises
- Beach fishing and fishing charters
- An aquarium
- Museums in Hervey Bay and historic buildings and precincts in Maryborough
- Wineries that are within easy drive of Hervey Bay
- Other day trips that will let you see even more of the beauty of this part of Queensland
- Beachside cafes
- Golf courses
- 17km of scenic bike and walking tracks – and there are plenty of bikes for hire if you left yours at home
- Numerous picnic and BBQ spots in very scenic locations
- Jump Park – if you’re into trampolining or you need to keep the kids amused when it’s raining.
- Ten Pin Bowling
- Ice skating – yes, real ice all year round.
- And you can always just sit back with a glass of wine and enjoy our spectacular sunsets.
The only limiting factor when it comes to finding things to do in Hervey Bay is how much time you have to spend here.